TASK: Identify various tools used to make a realistic image, know how to use tools, and the composition and measurement designators of drawing surfaces.
CONDITIONS: Given information and terms pertaining to different tools and drawing surfaces.
STANDARDS: Demonstrate competency of the task skills and knowledges by correctly responding to 70 percent or more of the multiple-choice test covering tools and drawing surfaces.
In each of the following questions, SELECT the one answer which BEST completes the statement or answers the question. Indicate your response by circling the correct letter below.
To meet the 70 percent criteria, you must correctly answer 6 of the 8 questions in this practice exercise.
1. Which response states what you use to apply, remove, and affix an illustration on a drawing surface?
a. Vehicles b. Tools c. Ross boards d. Wells
2. Which tool(s) is/are the least expensive and most commonly used item(s) for drawing?
3. Which grade pencil would you use to make dark tones in your illustrations?
4. Which of the tools do you use to apply liquid media?
a. Pencil b. Brush c. Crayon d. Pastel
5. Which of the following papers is best for applying a wash?
a. Ross board b. Tracing vellum c. Watercolor paper d. Railroad board
6. You have pencils as your only medium. You need to make camera-ready art for reproduction. Which drawing surface should you use?
a. Ross board b. Railroad board c. Drawing paper d. Card stock
Was this article helpful?