The whole image needs some blending to smooth out some of the rougher spots. The best brush for the task, or at least one of my favorite blending brushes, is the Grainy Water 30 variant from the Blenders category. Not only does this brush blend well, but it also interacts with paper textures. Blending leaves some texture behind. It is actually quite a nice combination.
1. Pick the Grainy Water 30 variant from the Blenders brush category.
2. Lower the Opacity setting of the brush to around 20%. Lowering the Opacity setting gives a more subtle blend.
3. Blend a little bit over the entire image. You do not want to obliterate the underlying colors but blend enough to give the impression that you are looking through a soft focus photograph filter (Figure 5.15).
k Figure 5.15 Blending the image to achieve a soft focus appearance
But the edges of the sleepwalker are pretty rough, so let's clean them up.
1. Pick the Variable Chalk brush.
2. Lower the Opacity setting of the brush to about 25%.
4. When you are finished, add an outline to the floorboards and possibly some cracks running through them (Figure 5.16).
Figure 5.16 The edges of the figure are cleaned up, and an outline is added to both the sleepwalker and the floorboards.
Was this article helpful?
Become the artist you want to be Canvas Painting for the Beginner. Have you always wanted to paint but did not know the first thing about it? Have you sketched thousands of pictures in your sketch book and wanted to put them on canvas? Now you can with the help of this book. We teach you everything to get you started in the wonderful world of fine arts. You can learn to express yourself with color.