As you draw, you'll want to consider the following:
2. Check the shapes, the spaces, and look at the negative spaces, how things overlap, and which way the angles are. See the basic geometric shapes in space.
3. Use your viewfinder frame to gauge any angle relative to horizontal or vertical, and the grid marks on the edge of the frame.
4. Use your pencil to do the same. Hold it at horizontal or vertical next to an angle and see the difference.
5. You can use a carpenter's angle measure to see an angle and transfer it to your drawing.
6. Draw a box for something that is hard to draw. Put the box in space, then draw the thing in the box.
7. See relationally. As you are sure of one shape, relate the others to it. Keep checking and adjusting until you are happy with your drawing.
Was this article helpful?