If you want to keep the default brushes as they are, but you'd still like to have a few custom ones to work with, you can easily create new brushes.
Follow these steps to create a custom brush:
1. From the Tools palette, click the drawing tool you'd like to create a new brush from.
For example, you may want to select the Pen or Magic Marker tool.
2. Open the Tool Options palette (F3 on your keyboard).
3. Click the Show Menu button and select New Tool Option Settings.
4. When the New Tool Option Settings dialog box appears, enter a name for your new brush In the Name text box.
5. Optionally, if you want to use a custom Icon for your new brush, click the Browse button and navigate to the icon file.
Keep in mind that the icon has to be either a bitmap (BMP) or jpeg (JPG) file and should be kept to a reasonable size.
6. Click OK when you're done.
Now that you've created your new brush, you can do whatever you want! Feel free to adjust the opacity, thickness, pressure settings, any of the options I cover in the "Adjusting the brush settings" section earlier in the chapter. Now you can tweak the settings however you'd like while maintaining the default settings of your other brushes.
Was this article helpful?
Realize Your Dream of Becoming a Professional Pencil Drawing Artist. Learn The Art of Pencil Drawing From The Experts. A Complete Guide On The Qualities of A Pencil Drawing Artist.