Standards are essential tools for industry and commerce, influencing every aspect of the industrial process. They provide the basic ingredients for competitive and cost-effective production. Standards define criteria for materials, products and procedures in precise, authoritative and publicly available documents. They embrance product and performance specifications, codes of practice, management systems, methods of testing, measurement, analysis and sampling, guides and glossaries.
Thus they facilitate design and manufacture:
• establish safety criteria;
• promote quality with economy;
• assist communication and trade; and
• inspire confidence in manufacturer and user.
The role of standards in national economic life is expanding:
• they are increasingly referred to in contracts;
• called up in national and Community legislation;
• used as a basis for quality management;
• required for product certification;
• required in public purchasing; and are used as a marketing tool.
Was this article helpful?
Realize Your Dream of Becoming a Professional Pencil Drawing Artist. Learn The Art of Pencil Drawing From The Experts. A Complete Guide On The Qualities of A Pencil Drawing Artist.