• The lips and each tooth must be exactly the right size, shape, placement and color, or it won't look like the person you're trying to represent.
• Enlarge photos on a color copier so you can see details and use the grid method more easily.
• The "pit" is the comma-like shape in the corner of the mouth. It makes the mouth look recessed and three-dimensional.
• Eyes are the most important part of a portrait because they reveal emotion.
• The iris is nature's perfect circle, so use a template to ensure the accuracy of these shapes.
• Establish skin tones on a face before drawing hair.
• You must obtain permission to sell works of art that depict famous people.
Was this article helpful?
Realize Your Dream of Becoming a Professional Pencil Drawing Artist. Learn The Art of Pencil Drawing From The Experts. A Complete Guide On The Qualities of A Pencil Drawing Artist.