Basic painting and drawing principles and techniques from the Renaissance to the present by John Hagan
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. aerial perspective -6 lessons perspective - the basics perspective - lets go outside veils of atmosphere sunrise and sunset reverse sunset and night clouds, mist and other veils
2. color - 2 lessons color the hows and whys color a different approach
3. looking harder - 3 lessons painting waves shadows and transparency
4. light and shade - 4 lessons backlight works its magic side light and turning points front light, and artist's light cascading light and shade
6. analysis -5 lessons what to paint and why analysis of 'girl with pearl earing' depth of field abstract and texture work chaos and disorder
7. practical application -32 lessons practical painting  portraiture 
demo Alexander  demo nude  framing 
8. personal paintings used here
[press here] advanced art lessons
*The artist's role and making a living from painting.     
All artork is by John Hagan unless attributed or known pre- 20th century masterpieces! NEW Information for new CD release!
LATEST: A fuller view of particular paintings available as prints can be seen by pressing here.
Was this article helpful?